How does kronosnet relate to/compare with Transparent Inter Process Communication (TIPC)

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Fri Dec 28 12:29:31 CET 2018

On 12/21/2018 12:30 AM, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> sometimes, usually when surfing semi-randomly, I get to know about
> things that either resemble deja vu to me, or make me feel that
> I must have lived in an utter ignorance/tunnel so far.
>
> Now, both thing combined:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparent_Inter-process_Communication

Actually it's been in my TODO list for a while to see if we can leverage
TIPC as transport protocol for knet, since knet has pluggable transport
modules.

>From a first look, as you already discovered, there is some level of
overlap. As Roger already mentioned, there are pros and cons to both.

What I am always a bit afraid of, is to start depending on kernel space
(in this case the TIPC part) and possible API/ABI breakages that would
require a more complex maintenance of knet or other applications on top.

Fabio