Any throughput comparison to OpenVPN out there?

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Sat Dec 16 06:26:27 CET 2017

On 12/15/2017 9:22 PM, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> Hello,
>
> recently, I've come across this test comparing OpenVPN vs. SSH
> tunnelling:
>
> http://blog.backslasher.net/ssh-openvpn-tunneling.html
>
> so natutally, I guess it would be interesting to perform similar
> test cases in a Kronosnet - OpenVPN duel so that the expectations
> are set for "VPN on steroids" and perhaps the limitations are
> identified if the results are too far from "on par".
>
> (Just saying, not doing, I wouldn't go too far in tweaking
> kronosnet for the best results possible, I'm afraid).

That´s an interesting idea to expand in a spreadsheet or something.

Both implementations have pro and cons for sure and some of them are
fairly well known already.

It will make sense to have this done once we rewrite kronosnetd and
there is more than one user (corosync) for knet. Right now, with only
one use case it´s somewhat irrelevant. knet can´t yet compete on the
generic VPN use case (even tho libknet could for some areas).

Fabio